Monday 23 July 2018

♡ July Makeup Haul ♡

Hey loves, long time no blog! I've been consumed by school, so I haven't had the time to sit down and write up a post. All excuses aside, I thought to myself: what's a better first post than a mini haul? If you have been reading my previous blogs (pastel-mermaid and withlovekathleen) you would know that I love shopping and sharing my purchases. I do these posts not to boast of the things I got, but to inspire you to maybe check the products or stores out.   

 I honestly haven't purchased a ton of makeup this year because I've been trying to use up all the makeup that I have in my stash before heading to the store to get more. I mainly got a bunch of lip products, some are my favourite and some are fairly new to me. 



It has been super sunny where I live and I'm not used to the bright warm sun, therefore I don't own any sunscreen or products to protect against the UV rays. I have been on a huge hunt for a makeup primer that has SPF in it. If you have any good suggestions, please drop them in the comments below! 



I love going to this store called Winners because they always have branded things for less. To all my American readers, I believe that TJ Maxx and Ross are the American equivalent to Winners. Every time I'm near a Winners store, I pop in just to window shop and end up in the lineup for the registers with something in my hand. I found the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer when I was lining up to pay for other things, and I just had to get it. I've been hitting pan on the Kat Von D Shade and Light palette, so buying this bronzer was a huge score. 
  
 I get ads for Sephora on my Facebook page all the time, and one day it featured all of Sephora's weekly deals. One of the deals I saw was 50% off of Too Faced's Peach Kiss Moisture Matte Long Wear Lipstick. The colours I wanted were sold out on the website, so I popped by in stores to see if they had it, and they did! I got two for the price of one. 


 The two colours I got are Sunday Funday and Sex on the Peach. They're very similar to Kat Von D's Bow and Arrow and Lolita. As far as texture and scent goes, it glides on smoothly and smells super sweet! 



 Ever since Fenty Beauty came out with the Gloss Bomb, I've been liking lipgloss more than before. I picked up NYX's Butter Gloss in Madeline and Angel Food Cake. They are colours that I've never gotten before because I didn't like lipgloss before. Angel Food Cake looks really good paired with the Too Faced Sex on the Peach. In addition, I got the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi and Vancouver

Here are the swatches of the lippies! 


I hope that you enjoyed this post as much as I did curating it. Once again, if you know any good primers or products with high SPF in it, please drop a comment! I hope that you have a lovely day ♡

Lots of love, Kathleen  

 Follow me on Instagram! @amxres